Julian,

I am certain the K3 will not accept a USB keyboard.
My quick look told me that the connector on the bottom of the K3 is the RJ-11 type, but I have no information on the pin-out format nor the signaling protocol.

73,
Don W3FPR

Julian G4ILO wrote:
A couple of weeks ago it was mentioned that it will be possible to
send data modes and presumably CW with the K3 using a keyboard that
plugs in to a socket under the radio.

Maplin is selling a micro keyboard http://xaddr.com/gf at a reduced
price at the moment. It has a USB 1.1 connector. Would this work with
a K3?