I wasn't really complaining. I just am trying to figure out what is considered
"off-topic" and what is not. It appears to be a perplexing puzzle on many email
reflectors. I have determined that a topic will be quashed as "off-topic" IF:

No need to be so cynical.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that Eric actually spends some
time away from the mail list, and he hasn't seen this thread yet.

I expect it will be put back on topic, or ended in a day or two.

Mark AD5SS