Now that you mention the OFF (bypass) condition being one of the filter 'width' selections, I believe that is done in the KDSP2 firmware and may just be possible - it does not alleviate accessibility problems to the separate DSP menus, but it may be a help.

The existing LoPass filter selection may be a suitable alternative selection for use with a wide CW IF filter. I have not used the DSP here, but I do have one coming that I can play with a bit.

73,
Don W3FPR

Randy NV0U wrote:
As Don said, there is no more room left, but... I don't like this
option either! I would personally rather have it be part of the filter
selection. So, throw another step in the mix: filter 1, 2, 3, 4, then
Off. Maybe that is not even possible to do that way even if there was
enough space left.

I figure that would kill two birds - it's status gets stored when the
rig is powered down AND it makes it easy to get to.