I predict... & u hrd it here "first:"

K3 will end the offering of more new HIGHEST END models of ham radios from Yaesu, ICOM and especially Kenwood (already done in effect for Kenw).

By 2012, Elecraft models and ORION 2 (and maybe OMNI 7) will be the only non-computer-based rigs* available to purchase new. The USA mfgs. return to the days of Johnson, Collins, et al. What a turn!

I personally do not like this 2012 prediction because I like a full marketplace, but I think reality will take hold in Japan as its mfg. leadership changes and the ham marketplace evolves.

* that is, rigs u would really want.

73
Charles Harpole........  HS0ZCW
[EMAIL PROTECTED]