Martin,

I would be hesitant to make comparisons based on signals on the air. The signal propagation can make a big difference.

If you have a signal generator that will produce a measurable (and repeatable output, that can be used for a valid comparison.

Normally, the 30 meter signals are as good or better with the 3080 option as they were with the 30 meter option. You may have a problem, but first try adjusting the 30 meter trimmers. For accuracy in adjustment, they must be adjusted with an insulated screwdriver blade - even a metallic screwdriver wrapped with tape will cause some de-tuning during adjustment and you must find the proper tuning point by trial and error.

73,
Don W3FPR

Martin (VA3SIE) wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has an observation about the sensitivity of
the KX1 on 30m with the original 30m board compared to the 30 & 80m
board?  I've noticed that signals are not as strong on 30m now with
the new board.  For example, the RTTY station on 10100kHz is at best a
4x5 whereas it used to be 5x9.  I can only hear the strongest CW
stations.

20m & 40m are as good as before.