: Re: [Elecraft] {K1 2277] VFO Alignment--VFO Range selection, 40m, 20m.

> I had my K1 originally setup for 80 khz.  I redid it for 150 khz.  It
> actually covers about 170 khz now!  It does get a bit touchy, but still
very
> nice.  I have since replaced my ten turn pot (tuning control) with the
metal
> shafted one and it is MUCH better.  The plastic shafted one was "OK" but
got
> a bit sloppy after a couple of years of use.  If you plan to use the rig
as
> a primary rig, I'd say install the metal shafted pot from the get-go!
They
> are under $20 shipped from Mouser as I remember.  >
> 73,
>
> Sandy W5TVW

I also changed to 170 khz and like it better now.  I installed the metal
shaft ten turn pot at build time.  It has a nicer feel.  17 khz per turn is
not bad.  I changed to a K2 knob and like that better, also.  It was
necessary to ream the knob hole to 1/4 inch from 6mm.  The K1 knob went on
another rig.
73
Rick Dettinger  K7MW