Hi Brian,
What you are trying to do for your GB Montessori School is exactly what I was going to do for a youg association here near Geneva. But I failes because I did not get any allocation for this project, as it was termed unnecessary!!!
Well....
You did right with the K2, because when you finish the kit, by the book, you know and understand the transceiver as much as their conceptors. As you intend, take the SSB module, beside fone you will be able to run digital mode too. I waited two years before ordering the KPA100 and it is not yet in service!
About a year after the K2 and SSB, I instaled the KAT2 antenna tuner.
So you can do lot of things whith QRP level and I will not change anything but for another K!!!
Good work Brian, best regards
F5UL/Bob