We had a discussion on this at our club meeting last night (G4BRA) and one
of the trainers stated that there is no requirement to CE certify kits (he's
also the local RSGB EMC rep), so pre-empting a question, CE mark doesn't
come into it.
It was also stated that a kit can be built at Foundation level.

I just checked the latest UK license and section '7 Equipment'
Para 2, states:

7(2) [snip] Foundation Licence holders may also use Radio Equipment
constructed using commercially available kits which satisfy IR 2028.

Now I'm not sure what IR2028 states, but I bet Elecraft meet the
requirement.

On 14/6/07 00:42, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

--
A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives the rose.
-Chinese proverb