Fred,

The K2 (and I presume the K3), K1 and KX1 all have reverse polarity protection built into the power circuits, so the risk of connecting an Elecraft transceiver with reverse polarity is zilch.

Save the $23 if you are powering an Elecraft rig.

73,
Don W3FPR

Fred (FL) wrote:
Some time back, in late 2006 - a ham came out with
a DC POWER CONNECTION "KIT" - for the Yaseu FT-817ND.
It was a kit of parts, and also 2 powerpole connectors
for the kit.  My memory may mislead me - but I recall
the kit had to do with either eliminating the risk
of one connecting the DC 13.8vdc black/red wires
backwards to that FT-817ND rig.  And there may have
been power-spike protection in kit too.  The kit was
something like $23.

It was to decrease the DC Power risk, that apparently
was a real possibiity with the FT-817ND.

Is this something that someone needs to create, for
the K2 and the K3?

As I recall - when the ham was selling them, it
was a hot item, for the FT-817ND QRP Yaseu rig.

Fred,
N3CSY

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.