In a class for novice licensees I tried to demonstrate, what intermodulation is and what the consequences are. We had two signal generators operating on frequencies that were 5 khz apart and fed those signals to various transceivers of different make. The signal strength was varied between S9 and S9 plus 40 on the S-meter-reading. That was all - not scientifically at all. Then we tuned the subjects in tests up and down and identified the unwanted "ghost"-signals. The results were between absolutely disappointing with Ghost-signals almost as strong as the injected signals up to acceptable, where ghost-signals still generated S-meter readings. The best rig in that test by far was my K2, which remained almost unaffected even hat the highest selected signal strenght.

Reading tests or test figures is nice, but seeing the effects in own experiments is much more convincing. I?m glad we did that.

73

Karsten
DK4AS