1 - Cancel the K3, buy  K1.  You do not need a K3 at this stage.
2 - Erect a simple doublet to cover the 4 bands.
3 - Make some contacts and decide then which band you like, based on experience gained.

I have always had an interest in photography, but if I were starting out now I would not buy a top of the range Nikon. Likewise if I had just taken my driving test I would not expect to buy a Maseratti, Ferrari, Bentley etc.

Chris Burbanks G3SJJ

Frank J. MacDonell wrote:
I got my Technician license in February and I am learning CW. I have built a dipole and ordered a K3. What advice do you guys have for initial band use and getting feet wet in the Ham Universe? Thanks!