As a passing comment ...

My Lady (N7HKW) and I are lighthouse hosts for the Oregon State Parks Department from November through
April of each year.

As an amateur working at two of Oregon's lighthouses for five years, I wouldn't participate in activating the lighthouses. I know how some management staff ... and more importantly
visitors ...  view the "occupation" each year.

I happened to be in a park office on business the day that
a local club's representative for the week's occupation came
to apply to use the lighthouse and heard the after-he-left
discussion.

Of course I understand what's behind the event, but from my
perspective of how it's viewed by non-amateurs , it's counter productive. Almost embarrassing, actually.

We will, of course buy a few plate blocks of Oregon's Umpqua
River Lighthouse stamp. (:-))

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]