Have been a "ham radio operator" for so long I
really
never found anythng negative about it.  People have
always understood the difference between a Ham and a
CB'er.  I guess opinions vary with what generation
your in.  As far a tradions go I think we have lost
enough of them recently.  Move over "Hams" new
technology and big business is slowly taking over.
Jim/k2hn
--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED],net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I certainly agree with Jozef.  There is something
> called tradition.  We are
> "hams," and should be proud of that title.  It took
> much effort in days
> past, unlike today.  When I recieved my Extra class
> license it meant
> something other than the fact of successfully
> memorizing some answers.  We
> now have Extra class "operators."  The FCC changed
> "ham radio" in order to
> get more numbers.  Never mind quality, let's have
> numbers.  Never mind the
> traditions.  By the way I do remember my Elmer from
> 1956. Mike K4ELV

Expecting? Get great news right away with email
Auto-Check.
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.