> > ...In a nutshell, other than perhaps a second receiver - what
> > benefits does the K3 really have over a K2 - (in layman's non-engineer
> > language :-)
>
> Are you interested in CW (K3 has better QSK), SSB (K3 has IF clipping,
> AntiVOX, really good filtering that is easy to use), Data (K3 has an
> internal decoder for RTTY and PSK, and an isolated soundcard interface
> built in), contesting (K3 has a stronger receiver, lower phase noise)?
> Are you plagued by noise (the K3 has a better noise blanker plus DSP
> noise blanking)?  Are you a VHFer (K3 covers 6m, and has FM)?

> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P
======================================
I don't do SSB, Data, contesting or VHF but I still want a K3.  I will like
having general coverage and the tuning rate of the K3 is just right.  The K2
rate of 1 khz per turn is too slow and the faster rate has big jumps in the
pitch.  Very annoying to me.  The tuning knob is as good as any and there is
more room on the panel.  Low phase noise sounds good to me but I am not sure
that I ever noticed any problem with my K2 in that respect.   Passband
tuning will be nice, also.  I have never used DSP but i am interested in
trying it.
73
Rick Dettinger
K7MW