Elecrafters:

This weekend at the Field Day site, the subject of the K3 came up and there were several hams who had not heard of the K3 (hard to believe, but true :-)). With respect to the "build or buy" options there were some who seemed delighted that they could get one factory-assembled and then there were others that who became enthusiastic when they learned that the "kit" was a "no solder" kit which only required mechanical assembly, alignment and testing. There was also one who was sad not to have the opportunity to "melt solder."

So from this very restrictive sample, it seems that Elecraft has ceretainly expanded their market base with the K3.

BTW, I'm purchasing the "kit." My friend John, K1JD, is working on an incense with the smell of solder smoke that we can burn while assembling the K2. ;-)

73,
Ken Wagner K3IU
Portsmouth, RI