Hi Adam,

With the K3 subreceiver installed and while using binaural
audio output from both receivers, is there a provision so that
a switch toggles between memory VFO A/B within one receiver,
and not between (physical) main- and sub-receivers?

No. The subreceiver, if turned on, is controlled by VFO B.

Example: If working a split DX pileup, can you set one
receiver to the DX frequency, the other receiver to a
frequency in the pileup and use a toggle to switch the pileup
receiver between soft VFOs so that one can alternately listen
to the pile with wide/narrow filters?  Or, does one have to
adjust the DSP/XFIL filter width on the pileup receiver?

The latter. However, this is very easy to do thanks to the K3's DSP/crystal filter "presets." There are two presets for each mode, and a full set of these for each VFO. Once you have presets I and II set up for a given mode and VFO, you can quickly toggle between the two using the "I/II" switch.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---