At 05:08 PM 7/2/2007, Scott McDowell wrote...
Does the K2 have an adjustment to correctly set the cw speed? If it does I can't seem to
find it.
When I set the CW speed on mine on 20 wpm it actually sends about 25 to 27 wpm. I realize that you can slow this down by more spacing between the letters, but it would be nice if it could be calibrated. I really think it is bad cw when you are creating the
letters at 25 wpm and slow it down by excessive spacing.

How are you measuring the speed?

When set to 20 WPM, I used a scope and captured two iambic dot-dash sequences to eliminate errors due to weighting or waveshapes. Those 12 dot times took 697.2 ms. That's a dot time of 58.1 ms, or 1033 dot times per minute. Using the common convention, with "PARIS" as the standard word (50 dot times), that works out to 20.7 WPM.

Close enough for me. I doubt yours is any different, since the timing is ultimately crystal controlled.

Here's some info on calculating Morse speed: http://www.kent-engineers.com/codespeed.htm