Have used mine quite a few hours. Mostly over the field day weekend, but also for general tuning around. Used it for both SSB and CW. I have not had any frustrations with tuning. I have not used a K1, so cannot compare. I tend to use the .1 tuning rate, and then back up if I heard something. I'm have no complaints, and have been quite happy with the rig. Just finished and installed the DSP over the weekend.

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
K4DGW
K2 #5982

Frank wrote:
K2 users, I'm thinking about building a k2 for myself.I built the k1 and do use
it.Is the VFO operation better than the k1? I guess, I mean ,is it smooth to
use for hours of tuning the bands or is it similar to the k1?
Thank You Frank Caputo
                    WA2AAW