While Don Brown has offered an alternative to increase the voltage of the controller, I would not recommend doing it that way - what you end up with is a solar controller that is specifically modified to use with the K2 only.

I would want the solar controller to work with any 12 volt Lead Acid battery and the charger modified for this K2 use would overcharge a battery connected in the normal way.

If I did modify a controller to have a higher output voltage I would mark it in BIG BOLD letters to serve as a caution against connecting it directly to a battery - I know such mistakes do happen.

Don B. did say that the direct battery connection inside the K2 is the best method, and I fully support that.

73,
Don W3FPR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
SNIP...

 The other way
to solve the problem is to increase the controller switching point to about 14.5 volts by installing a 220K resistor at R9. I have not tried this but should work. The controller would plug directly into the K2 power connector to charge the battery. If you use this method then the controller should not be connected directly to the battery.

Thanks

Don Brown
KD5NDB