As a new guy to the Elecraft reflector, I am quite surprised about the number of off topic posts and heated exchanges there. Clearly, these reflector members have a strong need for a CHAT outlet.

So I suggest following the DX reflector of njdxa fame which solved the need for chat by opening a separate chat line that kept the important and on-topic items back on the main reflector and allowed its users greater ease in knowing when to use the delete key.

Maybe this is a need here??? I can not imagine the pain of an Elecraft employee who must wade thru all the drivil on their reflector just to find the very few real posts that need help. I was a part time ham radio dealer and seller and the greatest pain was dealing with only potential customers who did not want to purchase, only to find someone who would talk to them. BTW that function is available ON THE AIR.... use that to get the Chat out of ur system and leave Elecraft to build fine radios..... PS get off their case about delivery dates..... there was no secret that a wait was in the cards.... 73

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]