Bill,

Do you have 5 volts on encoder pin 1?
If you have a scope, can you see any negative going pulses on encoder pin 4? If no 'scope, how does the DC voltage at Front Panel U3 pin 14 compare to the voltage in the DC voltage chart at the end of the manual?

If you have a 'scope, you can look for pulses as the encoder is turned at Control Board U6 pin 8 (ENC A) and pin 16 (ENC B). If you do not have a 'scope, turn the K2 power off and check continuity between Encoder pin 2 and Control Board U6 pin 8, also from encoder pin 3 to CB U6 pin 16 - you should have continuity.

If all those checks are OK and it still does not work - try a front panel from a different K2 if you can - if that works, then you may have a bad encoder (a very rare occurrance). Swap the Control Board from the other K2 and see if that brings the encoder to life (this checks the microprocessor end of things).

73,
Don W3FPR

William M. Spaulding, SR wrote:
Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the shaft encoder to function and, therefore, the
frequency to change along with all other encoder functions.  I posted this
before and got no response.  So I thought I'd try again.