But satellite broadband is not a panacea .. I've been on all the
commercial services, and they work fine (mostly) for 'normal' users -
browsing, downloading stuff, etc. Forget about it if you do anything
involving upstream data, or encryption of any sort (including https).
Even downstream can suffer pretty horribly (depending on where you
live) at certain times of day when the load is near peak.

Thankfully I've moved back to civilization and have a cable connection
with 2 Mbit upstream and 10 down :)

de w1rt/john