I had a 756PRO years ago which I sold after I got the K2. The band
scope was a nice toy, but I really didn't miss it. It made no
difference to my signal at the other end, and it didn't help me copy
people better either. As for helping to spot activity on a dead band,
well, the K2 has a nice scanning feature that will do that and you
don't even have to be in the same room to be alerted by it. I guess
the K3 has something similar (perhaps you will even be able to program
in the computer birdies so it doesn't stop on them?)

I'm not saying those who want a band scope shouldn't have one, but why
does it have to be an integral part of the radio? An external option
is a much better idea. I might even buy one myself in a few years time
if I have money burning a hole in my pocket after I've filled up the
K3 with filters. Better than having a radio with too many empty holes
for options you don't want or can't afford, right from the start.

--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com