Forstner bits are available to 1/8th inch, but are expensive. The reason not to use them is that the cutting edge would dull in no time due to the copper clad board. A real waste of a good bit.
Mike K4ELV
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremiah McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 10:56 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Wood bits

On this side of the lake these bits are known as "brad-points"...There is another similar type known as "Forstner", but they are much more expensive and I am not sure they are available in the smaller diameters...

Jerry, wa2dkg

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but, I've tried using wood drills (the ones with the point which only cut on the outside edge, good for thin sheet metal, too) to make copper lands on a plain board. I think they are also known as torpedo drills. I've seen kits made up of lots of little squares or circles of pcb material that you stick onto your main copper clad board. That's a little more messy, but works. I prefer the drill method, it also starts a hole for your component wire.<<

David
G3UNA<<