Simon:

WARNING:  MISCELLANEOUS RAMBLINGS FOLLOW

Anyone who places an order for and PAYS for a not-yet-released product
should understand that s/he is entering the DANGER ZONE.  Anything is
possible, especially DELAYS and CHANGES in specs.  To place a
prepayment or deposit on a new product and expect everything to go
"smoothly" is simply being naïve.

Folks always have the other options to

1.  wait until the product is released
2.  wait until it has has received favorable reviews by those who
already have it
3.  wait X months after release until it is "proven."

We each take our own risks.  We each determine what level of risk any
decision we make carries (whether we realize it or not).

And BLOGS (including this one) tend to bring out both the best and
worst in people.  Once the ball (opinions) get rolling in one
direction (currently "bad" for Dell), there is always the snowball (me
too) effect.  People LOVE to complain...ESPECIALLY in public.

Luckily (at least in this country), one can always cancel if the
product is not delivered within 30 days without penalty.

In theory, the K3 might not be ready for Prime Time for another 6
months (yes, I did say IN THEORY).  What would be the Elasticity of
Patience (borrowing from economics) for the K3 before folks get
"upset?"

For me, since there is NOTHING else out there that I would rather have
to replace my current radio (that I can afford), I'm willing to take
my chances (of which there are potentially many).

That said, I can "feel your pain" in waiting for your new Dell.

de Doug KR2Q