Thanks for all the suggestions on getting my K2 back up again. I was
modifying P4 on the K2 Control Board to prepare it for the KPA100. My K2
quit functioning in the process.

It turned out that pin 1 on the U6 40 pin socket was defective. On
inspection I noticed that pin 1 was missing one of the two contacts that
squeeze together to hold the chip pin. All this time, pin was only
connecting on one side. After five years of use, all it took was a handling
the Control Board to cause a failure. It wasn't a routine handling of the
board, but the removal of P4 pin in preparation for interfacing to the
KPA100. That did stress the board a bit.

I didn't build this K2 or any other, so it was a real learning experience
troubleshooting the problem. Its been nearly 20 years since I've been a
bench technician, but some of the instinct came back to me.

Right now I am recalibrating the K2, since I did a master reset in a moment
of frustration. Don Wilhelm is advising with me. Kudos to Don for his help
and patience.

73,

Steve N6VL