Ben,
Great that you are considering Elecraft products in your decision.
Most of us on this reflector are biased, but not unfairly so IMHO.

I will not be bold enough to just say that you should buy a K2 or K3, but I do not think you would be disappointed with either.

I suggest that you review all the specifications and features of each radio you are considering. Think about your station operation and how you would use each each function in your operating. When you obtain the best match to your proposed operation, then you will know which one to buy.

The K2 is only available as a kit, although there are hams who are willing to build it for you (see the Elecraft Builders for Hire list). If you consider building your own transceiver, that can be a benefit, but to some it is a deterrent. The K3 is available either assembled or as a no-solder kit.

73,
Don W3FPR

Ben Ramler wrote:
Good Morning,

 My name is Ben. My callsign is K0BLR. I just joined the list because I am
looking into which rig to get for a base radio. I just realized there is the K2
and the K3 soon to come if not already. Anways, I am writing the group because
I would like to hear what peoples thoughts are of the K2/100 and the K3/100.
The other two radios I am considering is the IC-746pro and the TS-2000.

thanks & 73,

Ben, K0BLR

____________________________________________________________________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/