On 8/1/07, elan paim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> why there is no Dealer in the UK [let say it is any where ]
>   Elecraft i think do not like to have any Dealer ? to order it from the US
> it will cost much
>   with the vat tex etc ,so please elecraft do something .
>   g0uut/dl9fcc

Simon and Toby have given the reasons. It was also discussed in a
thread a couple of months back (see the archives.) When Ten-Tec
decided to authorize a UK dealer, it stopped accepting direct orders
from the UK. Some of the products in the Ten-Tec line are not
available from the UK dealer, and the prices of those that are, are
considerably more expensive than they would be if ordered direct from
the USA. We were reassured by Eric that Elecraft has no intention of
appointing a dealer in the UK or anywhere else.

There is no difficulty at all in ordering direct from the USA.
Shipping just takes a bit longer, and you have to pay VAT to the
postman on delivery.
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com