My K2 5312 has some audio fluctuation. It tends to seem a little soft on audio then normalizes after a few minutes. On receive, current is 0.48 which I read as 480mA. I think this is too high. Am I correct? Also, the LCD does not light up as an S-meter but does light up during transmission.

I am able to use the K2 and have many QSOs in this condition. The transmitter seems not to be affected.

Do I really have a problem?

I will first re=do the S-meter calibration tonight but just wanted to get pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

John
AB8O