That's why I never use ssb, it sounds nasty, even ESSB.

There is NO reason to run narrow ssb if the band is wide open,
what is that hurting?

I am glad I can still run AM, which sounds good and is easy to
build equipment for.

Some people seem to think its important to always use
the minimum bandwidth for communications, but I don't think
that would be ssb at all....

I don't bother to get on when things are crowded, although
CW would be fine on a crowded band.

Brett
N2DTS