I don't think ESSB is the spawn of Satan, but I'd encourage people who want to experiment with high fidelity to do digital voice instead and experiment with digital compression techniques. It seems to me that creating ESSB isn't much of a challenge. Open up your filtering on the IF chain and bingo, you have ESSB. Try digitizing 10 or 20 kHz of audio and crunching it into a 2.7 khz channel; that's a challenge.

72
Goody
K3NG
k1 #505