Last weekend I used my K2 in combination with my own designed/build 44 Mc
transvertor for meteor-scatter QSO's. Last week I finished my "audio
interface / sequencer" to give me "isolation between PC and K2 / save my
preamp when running a high power amplifier" respectively. The K2 has the
K60XV option installed to give me a separate RX input and a low power IF
drive (controllable by the front knob) on 28 Mc.

The system worked well except one detail. The drive power was very unstable
which causes the output to change between 250 - 1250 W (even walking around
in the shack gave me these power changes). When TX-ing I had to adjust the
power knob each period (30 sec). It happened many times that I increased the
control knob but power goes went or vise-versa and jumped back again. I used
RF-clamps to see if I could find a "hot spot" but it all looks like direct
pick-up from the K2.

It seems that the power control circuitry is rather HF sensitive (for 144
Mc). The power LED-bar of the K2 (S-meter) showed the change in power
accordingly.

Anybody else with this experience? And a remedy may be (to prevent
re-inventing the wheel)?

73's, Evert PA2KW