-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Muns
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:51 AM
To: 'Lee Buller'
Cc: 'Elecraft Reflector'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] RTTY/PSK31 and the K3

> Has any of the field testers taken the K3 on RTTY using a
> soundcard and what-ver-software?  How does it play on RTTY
> and PSK31?  I am not concerned about the internal feature,
> but how it plays with soundcards and such

I have used the K3 extensively on FSK.  In NAQP RTTY, I used a K3 and a
ProIII.  The K3 was connected directly to the PC soundcard input whereas the
ProIII had an audio isolation transformer in line as well as a JPS NIR-12
audio DSP.  The K3 performed at least as well, if not better than the
ProIII.  Other field testers, e.g., N6XI, use AFSK and therefore are
connecting their K3 to the soundcard input and output will great results.

The K3 is designed for direct connection to soundcards with its LINE IN and
LINE OUT jacks on the back panel.  Each is fed from an audio isolation
transformer inside the K3.  The K3 is the best equipped radio for DATA modes
and direct connection to PC soundcards.

73,
Ed - W0YK