Sergio,

You did not give us the most important part of the numbers on your questionable device. The "LM" part of the number is manufacturer dependent, but the 78L05 part is the same over a range of manufacturers.

If your questionable part has is marked LM78L05, then it is the right one. I believe the K2 also includes a 6 volt regulator, so if your part is marked with '78L06', you will have to keep looking for the 5 volt regulator.

73,
Don W3FPR

sergio wrote:

in building my k2, i can't find U8 - 78L05, but there is one marked LM78L..

i did a little searching around, and it looks like this is the right one to use, but i wanted to ask before i installed it..