David,

I do believe that is correct, but take a look at the KY command. With a computer connected, you can store many, many CW messages in the computer as ASCII text and send them using the KY command.

Unfortunately, this command is K2 unique and is not supported by any of the popular rig control programs - but if you are writing your own app, it may be a good thing to include. I believe the K3 includes the same command, so perhaps it will be supported in the future.

73,
Don W3FPR

David Woolley wrote:
Am I correct in my reading of the programming document in saying that one cannot program the message memories from the computer, but can only do so with a paddle key?