On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Scott McDowell wrote:

Hey gang

I'm getting ready to order a K3 and have a few questions about whether to order
the modular kit or the factory assembled version.

One question might be how is the warranty handled? I'm not sure how Elecraft handles kits, vs. factory built.

If you do get the factory rolled job, look carefully at the credit card you use...some of them offer double the normal warranty...so if Elecraft offers 1 year, and the card doubles that, then you get two.

I go out of my way to get extended coverage...it's paid off over the years.

73, thom k3hrn