I wrestled with this when I wrote my K2 remote control program and as
far as I can remember, no you can't. You can send 24 characters and
then you poll the K2 by sending "KY;" and test the reply back to find
out the buffer state. I think it sends 3 values, to say whether it is
empty, full, or able to accept another 6 characters. So you send 24,
then keep topping it up 6 at a time until everything is sent.

To stop sending and clear the buffer, if I understand my totally
uncommented code written 3 years ago, you send "KY @;".

--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com