Yes, Paul the K2's AGC is definitely "soft".  Soft in that it has some
slope to it with quiet signals sounding quieter than loud.

And I love it that way.  In fact that is one of a handful of factors
that make the K2 such a sweet sounding radio and such a pleasure to
listen to.  I've had rigs (good rigs) with hard AGCs and they leave me
feeling assaulted after a whle under the headphones.

Obviously, this is only my opinion, and YMHV (your mileage has varied) -
but in my book the K2's AGC is top notch.

73!

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -