If you're not afraid of SMD:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4758

KD1JV  now has a new ATS-3B with additional features:

http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com/

"The ATS-3B--the worlds smallest and lightest multi-band CW HF rig. This latest version of the popular AT Sprint CW transceiver now covers 80 through 15 meters, using plug in filter modules (not shown). A single digit LED display has been added for frequency and battery voltage readout. (in addition to Morse annunciation). Over current detection has been added to protect the PA. The transmitter produces 2.5 watts out with just a 9 volt supply--on all bands. Supply voltage can range from as little as 6 volts to a maximum of 12. An improved PA keying circuit ensures consistent rise and fall times of the CW output signal, regardless of supply voltage. Available early September, 2007 for $190.00"

        I've built both the ATS-2 and ATS-3 and SMD is not
difficult if you have a fine point soldering iron, magnifying visor,
good lighting, etc.  These rigs or ultralight variants are always
the Adventure Radio Society's Spartan Sprint winners, usually
with a total weight under 3 ounces including battery, key,
earphones and of course the rig itself!

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I find it interesting that Elecraft now says they
may someday have SMD kits, which is a change from
past statements.