The recent talk of qrp kits got me doing a web search,
and looking at the many kits available, I found the
wilderness radio sierra, which I always liked the look of,
but never got one.

I am wondering how well the RX works, any advantage of
using a vfo instead of the dds stuff, like phase noise
and spurs?

I am sure many here have a sierra or had one, what
do you think of the RX?

I don't do contests or worry about DX, so I just wonder
about general CW work, is it a clean quiet receiver?

I like building, I am not real fond of menus and multi
push buttons, and the price seems good for a one or two
band radio with a real frequency readout.

It gets a 5.0 on eham.net!

Thanks for any info,

Brett
N2DTS