Vern wrote:

>After enjoying using the K1 for a few months, recently the
>audio becomes distorted when strong signals or noise is present.

Have you tried listening to the audio with a headset, rather than with the
internal speaker?  Whenever I've had a similar problem with my K1, the headset
audio was perfectly clear.  Since the audio to the headset jack and to the
speaker comes from the same point, the problem was obviously the speaker.  This
was a fairly widely reported problem with Elecraft speakers several years ago.

By adjusting the tension of the speaker mounting screws (so that they are not
too tight) the raspy distortion vanished.  As I recall, I also had to flex the
speaker magnet mounting frame slightly too.

Mike / KK5F