Absolutely right Fred. I've worked in the computer IT business for a long
time and now in the fire service (which is like waiting for molasses to run
to get anything done IT or otherwise). I find the access to the Elecraft
premium players on this list plenty of communication in regards to the K3.

I'm in the second run and could care less if it is a month, or more, late in
shipping after their initial prediction of mid-September when I order mine
in May. I viewed the date then as a target date and knew that it may not be
feasible with the multiple vendors involved. I thought the communication has
been fine to date, and wouldn't expect anything more. After meeting these
folks first hand, I can tell you that all of you that ordered a K3 will get
the best rig for your money. And that waiting until the small vendor
problems are worked out and running in a smooth pattern, means that you will
receive exactly what was promised.

These people are a small organization devoted to ham radio (yes, they are a
business to make profit - who would take on this engineering effort for
less????) but they have designed this thing based on what you - true ham
operators wanted. Why not let them add features suggested by FT's and add
firmware suggestions while waiting for the vendor issues to level out.

I'm just as geeked to get my K3, but I have no problem waiting until they
think it is ready to ship. And to quell the communication issues on the
list, I believe they have communicated as well as can be expected. Just take
a look at any other radio company or any other industry related company, the
access you have here is unheard of, and based on the number of very hard
working people in Aptos, you are receiving the best communication (and
product) for your buck.

IMHO, no apology necessary Eric (or Wayne, or Lyle, or ...)

Sorry, I just couldn't help the small rant.

Dave W8FGU