Good day,

Just been finishing off the alignment of an XV50.

L15 has a sharp peak.

L16 is flat, very little effect from adjusting the core.

L17 is flat as advised in the tuning instructions.

I can't see why L16 should be flat tuning.  Before I start digging too
deep can anyone confirm the tuning response of L16.

If I had known about the K3 earlier I wouldn't have bought the XV50 which
in some respects has been the least pleasant build to date.  It does,
nevertheless seem to work OK though.  I see a 50dB increase in af when
connecting the noise generator and the noise level increases when I
connect the 6M 5-el Yagi.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO