In a message dated 9/10/07 1:10:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> If I had a doublet I would seriously consider feeding it like the W5DXP
> which uses switched ladder line for matching .  Looks cheap, low loss and
> easy
> to do: any residual mismatch should be compensated by the K2/K3 auto-matching
> system.

Cecil's "linear tuner" setup works - I've heard it on the air. He's used it
for a number of years.

The problem is that it's a bit of a mechanical nightmare, with all the
switches and different lengths of window line.  Remember that the window line
has to
be separated from other conductors by a couple of line-spacings.

You also don't have a lot of flexibility on how much line there is from the
antenna to the first switch.

If you don't QSY a lot, it's certainly doable.

73 de Jim, N2EY