I seem to remember in "days of old" that the May Activity was just that.
The objective was to encourage qsos between RSARS members.  If you worked
more than a certain number of members you received a Rosette.  When did it
turn into a "contest"?

I certainly took part in the early 90's at our sunrise and sunset whilst the
band was open and even managed to win the qrp cup, the first overseas member
to do so  (I never got to see it).

I would be very happy to return to encouraging activity rather than a
contest format.

&3

Max/ ZL4VV/G3JJT/2749