Hi all, this might be a dumb question, but the Heathkit SB-200 has several
modifications that can be made to it, one of which is the reduction of drive
power to excite it.

Does anybody have any idea what the lowest power required to excite an
SB-200 amp is?

Without mods, it is around 100 watts, but I use to have one with the reduced
drive mods, and I drove it with 30 to 50 watts for around 300 watts out.  I
never tried testing the lower end with that mod. Though.

Bottom line is:  if an SB-200 had the reduced drive mod, could a QRP K2 at
10 to 15 watts with an amp key interface safely/adequately drive an SB-200
to say, 50 to 60 watts out?

Anyone ever try this?

Thanks,

Jeff