From: eKotz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 September 2007 23:30
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 Transmit audio bubbly

Hello,

Until today I have had no audio problems but this noon while I was in
QSO I was told that my audio was clipping and progressively worsening.
This was confirmed by another ham on freq.   I monitored my signal with
another radio and my voice audio understandable but sounds rather bubbly
or bumpy as if I were operating mobile on a washboard road.

ALC is now showing 1-7 LED's lit with SSBA 2 & SSBC 2-1.   As I recall,
when built, the ALC had no more than 2-3 LED's lit.
No change with substituted mics.
No change whether powered with battery or power supply.
Distortion is present on all bands and at all power settings... from .1
to 100 watts.
Distortion is present even if I am soft talking with 1 LED lit on ALC.

My only change this past week has been the addition of a KAT100 and I
have had several QSO's since without problems reported before this
occurred.   The assembly, alignment, testing, etc. of the KAT100 went
very well.

Is there a known problem I need to address?   Do I need to reset the K2
configuration to factory defaults?

Help is appreciated... thanks.
Ed - AD7GR
K2/100 #6050