Wayne,

Any chance that you could publish the algorithm when it's perfected?

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

----- Original Message ----- From: "wayne burdick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lyle will give you his observations, I'm sure, but I thought I'd mention that I've been able to copy some pretty sloppy code with it. The decoder keeps track of dot/dash ratios, factors out noise to the extent possible, and now also has an "AUTO" mode where it will try to select the ideal signal level for element vs. space decisions. I'm also planning to do additional analysis of element vs. letter vs. word space lengths, at which point it should handle very individualist sending.