Didn't really want to add to the postings but wanted to agree with Bill's assessment. It will be interesting so see what the online log says and who the operator was.G3SED or GM3POI? Good stuff anyway, and so early in the season. Says a lot for the K3, so I guess I will be spending more time on 160m this winter!! I am really looking forward to checking out the noise blanker on my local QRM source, 400kV overhead power lines about 1.5km away.

Chris G3SJJ

Bill Tippett wrote:

        Congrats Tree!  I actually never heard him give your
call correctly.  Here's what I copied:

!st response:  "N6TA 5NN N6TA BK"

Then your exchange

2nd response: "(??? something ending in a dit)...CFM 3B7C"

        I guess you have to assume the "CFM" means he
got it OK but he actually never sent N6TR clearly that I heard.

                        73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  It is not unusual at all for RF to get into recordings
when you are running QRO.  The purity of the sidetone
sounds great...like my TS-930S (a major complaint I had
about the FT-1000MP was its square wave sidetone).