Ed Muns wrote:
The K3 QSK button has two states: QSK and SEMI-BREAK-IN.  Holding the
QSK button toggles between these two states.  In SEMI-BREAK-IN the
delay can be set with the DELAY control.  Currently there is no "OFF"
or PTT/footswitch capability in CW.

Over on the OMNI VII list a while back (I've since unsubscribed), this was a huge issue, and apparently TT did something in the firmware to make PTT active in the CW mode, something they had never considered during the design phase. The users were saying that in CW contest work, using full QSK is too distracting and tiring, but that any T-R delay at all is too much -- thus the desire for PTT (footswitch) T-R on CW.

I'm a casual, not a serious, CW contester, so I have no opinion on the matter -- yet. However, I can understand the point of view.

Bill / W5WVO